Monday, October 5, 2009

Workout - sequential goals

I read some other fellow's workout blog. One useful and intuitive recommendation he made was to tackle your fitness goals one at a time. He wrote of the very common case where a trainee decides to do 100 pushups and run 10 miles and do 20 pullups and shoulder press 300 pounds and so forth all at once, and then burns out.

I have a number of goals in mind, none particularly unusual. I'm going to try to tackle them in sequence. I'll attempt to continue my normal workouts on Tuesday and Thursday. My present goal is to bring my dumbbell shoulder press to 5 sets of 5, 5 minutes apart, with 75 pounds. Right now I can manage with 52.5. That's a huge goal.

My other goals, in no particular order, are 100 pushups in a row, pullups, one legged squats (which I need to work on my left ankle first to accomplish, because doing them now hurts my left knee), and doing interval training with jump-ropes or maybe running in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment